2. (15 points) Write specific structures for each of the following:
b) salt propynide
c) a geminal dihalide of formula C3H6Cl2
d) the E2 change state because that reaction the bromocyclohexane v KOH
3. (10 points) complete each the the adhering to structures by including the lacking parts come the framework on the appropriate so that it is similar to the structure on the left:
4. (15 points) complete each the the adhering to reactions by adding the missing part: either the beginning compound, the essential reagents and also conditions, or the final major product. display stereochemistry if it is specific.
You are watching: Design a synthesis of 2-butanone from ethyne.
5. (15 points) Write finish mechanisms, including all steps and showing electron-pushing arrows, because that each that the possible reactions the cis-1-bromo-2-methylcyclopentane in methanol solution. Present the pathway to the expected significant product from each mechanism.
6. (10 points) present a sequence of reaction that can be provided to synthesize 2,2-dichlorobutane, starting with acetylene and also methyl iodide together the only resource of carbon in your final product. Just display the vital reagents and also conditions and also products for each different reaction. Mechanisms are not required.
See more: What Does The Name Kamari Mean Ing, What Does The Name Kamari Mean
7. (15 points) synthetic of 2,3-dibromobutane indigenous 2-butyne might be achieved by at least three feasible reaction sequences, as defined below. Very closely trace the stereochemistry in each of these three sequences and show the assets expected in each case. Suggest R and S designations at every stereocenter.