2) Cardiac muscle has more mitochondria and depends much less on a continuous supply of oxygen than does bones muscle.
You are watching: Auricles slightly increase blood volume in the ventricles
3) Anastomoses among coronary arterial branches provide collateral courses for blood shipment to the love muscle.
4) Congestive heart failure way that the pumping effectiveness of the love is depressed so that there is inadequate distribution of blood to human body tissues.
7) when released in large quantities, thyroxine, a thyroid gland hormone, reasons a sustained rise in heart rate.
10) The "lub" sounds of the heart are an important in diagnosis since they carry out information around the function of the heart"s pulmonary and aortic semilunar valves.
12) The papillary muscle contract ~ the other ventricular muscle so the they can take up the slack on the chordae tendineae prior to the full force of ventricular contractions sends blood against the atrioventricular (AV) valve flaps.
14) As press in the aorta rises due to atherosclerosis, an ext ventricular press is required to open the aortic valve.
15) If the aorta and also pulmonary trunk were switched, oxygen well-off blood would be pumped native the left ventricle come the lungs.
16) Heart tissue is gave with nutrients mainly by diffusion from the love chambers with the myocardium.
1) typical heart sounds are caused through which of the adhering to events? A) friction of blood against the chamber walls B) closure that the love valves C) opened of the love valves D) excitation the the sinoatrial (SA) node
2) i m sorry of the events below does NOT occur when the semilunar valves are open? A) Ventricles are in diastole. B) Blood enters pulmonary arteries and also the aorta. C) Ventricles are in systole. D) AV valves space closed.
3) Hemorrhage through a huge loss the blood reasons ________. A) no adjust in blood pressure however a slow heart price B) a lowering that blood press due to change in cardiac calculation C) no adjust in blood pressure however a change in respiration D) a increase in blood pressure due to adjust in cardiac output
4) damages to the ________ reasons heart block. A) sinoatrial (SA) node B) atrioventricular (AV) node C) atrioventricular (AV) bundle D) atrioventricular (AV) valves
5) The P wave of a normal electrocardiogram shows ________. A) ventricular repolarization B) atrial depolarization C) atrial repolarization D) ventricular depolarization
6) Blood within the pulmonary veins returns to the ________. A) left atrium B) ideal atrium C) ideal ventricle D) left ventricle
7) The problem where liquid compresses the heart and also limits its capacity to contract is called ________. A) cardiac tamponade B) myocardial infarction C) pericarditis D) angina pectoris
8) The term for pain connected with deficient blood shipment to the love that might be brought about by the transient spasm that coronary arteries is ________. A) pericarditis B) myocardial infarct C) angina pectoris D) ischemia
9) come auscultate the aortic semilunar valve, girlfriend would location your stethoscope in the ________. A) 2nd intercostal an are to the ideal of the sternum B) second intercostal an are to the left of the sternum C) fifth right intercostal space D) 5th intercostal room inferior come the left nipple
10) The source of blood carried to capillaries in the myocardium would certainly be the ________. A) coronary arteries B) coronary veins C) coronary sinus D) fossa ovalis
11) The truth that the left ventricle that the love is thicker than the right ventricle reveals the it ________. A) pumps blood versus a greater resistance B) broadens the thoracic cage C) sends out blood through a smaller valve D) pumps a greater volume that blood
12) i beg your pardon of the following determinants does NOT affect heart rate? A) sex B) body temperature C) age D) skin color
13) i beg your pardon of the following is no an age-related adjust affecting the heart? A) decline in cardiac to make reservation B) thinning the the valve flaps C) atherosclerosis D) fibrosis the cardiac muscle
14) If cardiac muscle is deprived that its regular blood supply, damages would primarily result from ________. A) decreased shipment of oxygen B) an poor supply that lactic acid C) a lack of nutrient to feed right into metabolic pathways D) a diminish in the variety of available mitochondria for energy production
15) If the size of the absolute refractory duration in cardiac muscle cells to be the same as that is because that skeletal muscle cells, ________. A) contractions would last as long as the refractory period B) tetanic contractions might occur, which would avoid the heart"s pumping action C) pacemaker cells would cease come spontaneously depolarize D) it would certainly be lot longer prior to cardiac cells might respond come a 2nd stimulation
16) Norepinephrine acts upon the love by ________. A) resulting in threshold to be reached an ext quickly B) blocking the action of calcium C) leading to a diminish in hit volume D) decreasing heart contractility
17) If the vagal nerves to the heart to be cut, the result would be the ________. A) the heart rate would rise by about 25 beats per minute B) parasympathetic stimulation would certainly increase, causing a diminish in heart price C) the atrioventricular (AV) node would end up being the pacemaker of the love D) the heart would stop, due to the fact that the vagal nerves cause the love to contract
18) The foramen ovale ________. A) associated the 2 atria in the fetal heart B) is a problem in which the love valves carry out not totally close C) is a connection between the pulmonary trunk and also the aorta in the fetus D) is a shallow depression in the interventricular septum
19) which vessel(s) the the heart receive(s) blood from the ideal ventricle? A) pulmonary tribe B) aorta C) pulmonary veins D) venae cavae
20) which of the complying with is NOT component of the intrinsic conduction mechanism of the heart? A) sinoatrial (SA) node B) atrioventricular (AV) node C) bundle branches D) atrioventricular (AV) valve
21) The atrioventricular (AV) valves space closed ________. A) once the ventricles room in diastole B) when the atria space contracting C) when the ventricles space in systole D) through the motion of blood from atria to ventricles
22) when viewing a dissected heart, it is easy to visually discern the right and left ventricles through ________. A) tracing out wherein the auricles attach B) locating the base C) noticing the thickness that the ventricle wall surfaces D) recognize the papillary muscles
23) select the exactly statement around the love valves. A) The mitral (bicuspid) valve off the appropriate atrium indigenous the best ventricle. B) The atrioventricular (AV) valves protect against backflow of blood into the atria during ventricular contraction. C) Aortic and also pulmonary semilunar valves control the circulation of blood into the heart. D) The tricuspid valve divides the left atrium from the left ventricle.
24) select the correct statement about the role of myocardial cells. A) The refractory period in bones muscle is much longer than that in cardiac muscle. B) Cardiac muscle cells are innervated through sympathetic, parasympathetic, and also somatic nerve yarn so the the worried system have the right to increase love rate. C) The whole heart contracts together a unit or the does no contract at all. D) The flow of potassium ions from extracellular sources is the initiating event in cardiac muscle contraction.
25) choose the exactly statement around the framework of the heart wall. A) Connective tissue in the heart wall surface aids in the conduction that the activity potential. B) The myocardium is the class of the heart that actually contracts. C) The fibrous cardiac skeleton forms the mass of the heart. D) The heart chambers space lined through the endomysium.
See more: What Happens When Two Fruit Companies Merged Answer Key, This Question Is On A Worksheet I Have To
26) contrasted to skeletal muscle, cardiac muscle ________. A) has an ext nuclei every cell B) lacks striations C) cell are bigger than bones muscle cells D) has gap junctions that allow it to act together a functional syncytium
27) during the period of ventricular pour it until it is full ________. A) the aortic and also pulmonary semilunar valves are open B) blood flows mostly passively v the atria and also the open up atrioventricular (AV) valves right into the ventricles C) the atria continue to be in diastole D) pressure in the love is in ~ its peak
28) The second heart sound is heard during which step of the cardiac cycle? A) ventricular filling B) isovolumetric be safe C) isovolumetric contraction D) ventricular ejection
29) If us were able come artificially change the membrane permeability the pacemaker cells so that salt influx is much more rapid, ________. A) tetanic contraction would certainly occur due to the short absolute refractory period of cardiac muscle B) threshold is reached an ext quickly and heart rate would rise C) potassium networks compensate and also no adjust in heart price would take place D) heart price would decrease, yet blood push would rise because of the excess sodium present
30) choose the correct statement around cardiac output. A) If a semilunar valve were partly obstructed, the finish systolic volume in the impacted ventricle would certainly be decreased. B) lessened venous return will result in increased end diastolic volume. C) A slow heart rate increases finish diastolic volume, stroke volume, and force the contraction. D) hit volume increases if finish diastolic volume decreases.
31) during contraction of heart muscle cell ________. A) every one of the calcium forced for contraction comes from storage in the sarcoplasmic illusion B) part calcium enters the cabinet from the extracellular space and triggers the relax of larger quantities of calcium indigenous intracellular shop C) calcium is prevented native entering cardiac fibers that have actually been created D) the activity potential is prevented from dispersing from cell to cabinet by gap junctions
32) Isovolumetric convulsion ________. A) describes the short duration during ventricular systole when the ventricles are completely closed chambers B) occurs automatically after the aortic and pulmonary semilunar valves near C) wake up while the atrioventricular (AV) valves are open up D) occurs just in people with love valve defects
33) given an end diastolic volume (EDV) of 120 ml / beat and an end systolic volume (ESV) that 50 ml / beat, the punch volume (SV) would be ________. A) 170 ml / win B) 70 ml / beat C) 120 ml / beat D) 50 ml / beat
34) when does the period of atrial repolarization occur? A) throughout the T tide B) ventricular contraction C) ventricular depolarization D) during the p wave
35) during exercise, i beg your pardon of the adhering to would take place on one electrocardiogram (ECG) contrasted to an separation, personal, instance at rest? A) the T wave would decrease B) the P-R interval would decrease C) the S-T segment would certainly decrease D) the moment from one R to the R of the following heartbeat would decrease
36) i m sorry of the following transports oxygen-rich blood? A) pulmonary vein B) pulmonary artery C) pulmonary trunk D) exceptional vena cava
37) What is the expected heart rate when a heart is gotten rid of from a living body? A) 75 beats / minute B) 100 to win / minute C) 50 win / minute D) the heart would immediately stop beating
38) if auscultating heart sounds throughout a checkup, Andy"s doctor hears a high-pitched sound during ventricular contraction. Which form of valve could reason this? A) it is not enough ability tricuspid valve B) deficient pulmonary semilunar valve C) inadequate mitral (bicuspid) valve D) stenotic aortic semilunar valve
39) Exercise results in skeletal muscles compressing veins which motivates blood to go back to the heart. In this scenario, which of the complying with is correct? A) preload boosts B) venous return reduce C) stroke volume reduce D) end diastolic volume (EDV) decreases