1. (15 points) Write finish names because that each that the following, consisting of stereochemistry if that is especially shown.
You are watching: 2-methyl-2-butanol dehydration
2. (15 points) finish each of the adhering to reactions by adding the missing part: one of two people the beginning compound, the essential reagents and conditions, or the final significant product. Show stereochemistry if the is specific.
3. (15 points) present a sequence of reactions that could be supplied to prepare the target compounds, starting from the initial compound.
a) 3-ethyl-2-pentene, starting from 3-ethylpentane
4. (15 points) The exact same two assets arise, in the same ratio, from acid-catalyzed hydration of one of two people 1,2-dimethylcyclohexene or 1,6-dimethylcyclohexene. Recognize the two assets by writing exact structures for each. Predict which product will certainly be the major product by introduce to the mechanism.
Both alkenes provide the very same tertiary carbocation top top protonation.
Addition the the nucleophile is preferred from the side opposite the adjacent methyl group.
5. (10 points) compose a complete mechanism for the dehydration the 3-methyl-2-butanol using hot aqueous sulfuric acid. Present all steps and use electron-pushing arrows. Show the pathways to all likely products.
6. (15 points) The anti-Markovnikov enhancement of HBr come alkenes works as a chain reaction since both propagation actions are energetically favorable. Write out the 2 propagation procedures for the as whole reaction displayed below. Use the shortcut dissociation energies shown below to calculation ΔH for each step and also for the all at once reaction.
See more: What Is 30/100 As A Decimal ? Convert 30 30/100 As A Decimal
7. (15 points) The counter of 2-butanol to 2-iodobutane by HI can conceivably go by one SN1 or an SN2 mechanism. Write a complete mechanism because that each case, reflecting all steps and using electron-pushing arrows. Additionally write clean potential power diagrams for each case, labeling each action with the corresponding structure.